Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Lori Henry
Occupation: Travel Writer/Author, Dancer
Hometown: Port Coquitlam, Canada
Residence: Vancouver, Canada
Short Bio: Travel writer and Author of Dancing Through History: In Search of the Stories that Define Canada. I’m also a professional Polynesian dancer.
How often do you fly: Once a month
How many countries have you been to: 20
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Paris
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra (Jordan)
Favorite airline: WestJet
Aisle or window: Aisle (I drink enough water per flight to swim overseas!)
Favorite international airport: Schiphol (Amsterdam)
Favorite hotel: Feynan Ecolodge, Jordan
Favorite cruise line: Adventure Canada (www.adventurecanada.com)
Favorite island: Cape Breton Island (although there’s a causeway connecting it to Nova Scotia now)
Favorite fancy restaurant: Hoshinoya (Kyoto, Japan)
Favorite out-of-the-way restaurant: Wild Caraway (Nova Scotia)
Favorite fruit: Blueberries
Favorite food: Chocolate or ice cream, or both at the same time
Least favorite food: Meat
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Water, room temperature or boiled with a slice of lemon (I’m like an old lady)
Favorite travel movie(s): Lost in Translation, The Motorcycle Diaries, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Koyaanisqatsi
Right now I am reading: The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
Favorite travel magazine: Up Here (covering northern Canada)
Five things you bring on a plane: A water bottle, headphones, chap stick, hand lotion and patience
What do you always seem to forget: My toothbrush!
What’s your dream destination: Antarctica
Favorite travel non-profit: The International Ecotourism Society (TIES)
Best travel tip: Don’t panic.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.