Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Mary Jean Tully
Occupation: Founder and CEO, Tully Luxury Travel
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Residence: Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)
College: University of Life
Facebook: Mary Jean Tully
YouTube: CruisePros YouTube
Short bio: Mary Jean Tully, Founder and CEO of Tully Luxury Travel, has been on the cutting edge of luxury travel for years. First established in 1987 as The Cruise Professionals, Mary Jean’s travel agency recently added African Dreams and Private Travel Designers to its roster of brands.
Recognized for 14 years as a “Top Travel Specialist” by Condé Nast Traveler, and named one of the most powerful women in travel by Travel Agent Magazine, Mary Jean is renowned for her expertise, philanthropy and enthusiasm. She sits on the Advisory Board for many leading cruise lines, hotels and travel suppliers, and has received numerous awards identifying her travel agency as one of the best luxury travel providers in the world.
An avid conservationist, Mary Jean is passionate about the protection of wildlife in Africa, where poaching poses an urgent threat to elephants, rhinos, and big cats. She was recently nominated for the 2015 We Are Africa Innovation Award and has been involved with several not-for-profit initiatives, including Zeros for Rhinos. Working with Great Plains Conservation, Mary Jean helped tag and microchip rhinos for research and tracking purposes, and aided in their release to the safety of Botswana. In 2012, Mary Jean and Brad Tully donated the Tully Tully Bridge to Mombo Camp in Botswana, a testament to their ongoing passion for conservation, preservation and sustainability. “Pay it forward” is Mary Jean’s favorite expression.
How often do you fly? Constantly.
How many countries have you been to? 123
How many continents have you been to? All 7.
Earliest travel memory: A trip to the Bahamas in my senior year of high school.
Favorite American city: Chicago, Illinois.
Favorite international city: Paris, France.
I have no desire to go to: I love to see the world & want to go everywhere.
Friendliest people in the world: South Africa.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Miami, Florida
Favorite World Heritage Site: Okavango Delta in Botswana, Iguazu Falls in Brazil, Angkor Wat in Cambodia, the Great Wall of China.
Favorite airline: Emirates.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus A380 Emirates
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates Dubai.
Favorite international airport: Dubai.
Favorite hotel: Any Four Seasons property.
Favorite cruise line: Crystal Cruises.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Hawaii.
Favorite beach: St. Barths.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Per Se | Thomas Keller Restaurant Group in NYC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: In Morocco, a little place called Tobstil in Medina, Marrakesh.
Favorite bar: Grand Merge Terriers, NYC.
Favorite fruit: Blueberries.
Favorite food: Asian Fusion.
Least favorite food: Indian food.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Hendricks Gin and La Febre Tonic.
Favorite travel movie(s): Out of Africa.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain.
Favorite travel book(s): “Eat, Pray, Love: by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Right now I am reading: SavingtheSurvivors.co.za
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Condé Nast Traveller, Wendy Perrin, Afar.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPad and charger, eye mask, ear plugs, Beats by Dre headset.
What do you always seem to forget? Enough chargers.
What do you like least about travel? Security checkpoints at the airport.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cristal Rosé Champagne.
Favorite travel app(s): Airline apps and Living Earth.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Standing at the baggage claim waiting for my luggage to come out on the carousel—and it doesn’t come out.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: New Zealand.
Favorite travel charity: The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust.
Best travel tip: Always, always, always take a carry-on bag with you and pack it with things that you would be devastated without. This should include a change of clothes in case your luggage ever gets lost.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.