Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Mary Quincy
Hometown: A little town in Normandy
College: The Sorbonne
College major: English & American Culture & Civilization
Facebook: Mary Quincy
Short bio: Mary Quincy is a full-time photographer based in Paris. She is fascinated by the authenticity of every place she visits & tries to capture instant moments. She is passionate about travel and aims to visit a new place every month. Self-taught, she grew a passion for photography all thanks to Instagram on which she shares everyday moments & shots from her daily life in Paris or taken during her trips around the world. She worked for Viking Cruises (River & Ocean), Lufthansa, The Department of Tourism of Dubaï, Visit Finland, Hertz, and many more. She published an Instagram City Guide on CNTraveler and often shares her photos on CNTraveler’s Instagram account. She also collaborated with Lonely Planet & Beautiful Destinations.
How often do you fly? A couple of times per month.
How many countries have you been to? 40 countries.
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: My first trip to New York. I cried like a baby when we landed.
Favorite American city: New Orleans.
Favorite international city: Venice.
Least favorite country: Slovakia.
I have no desire to go to: Egypt.
Friendliest people in the world: Scottish people.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Mont Saint-Michel, in Normandy.
Favorite airline: Lufthansa.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Lufthansa First Class Lounge New York JFK.
Favorite U.S. airport: Nashville Airport.
Favorite international airport: Lisbon, Portugal.
Favorite hotel: Lilla Roberts, Helsinki.
Favorite cruise line: Viking Cruises.
Favorite island: Corsica.
Favorite beach: Beaches of Sicily, Italy.
Favorite fancy restaurant: The 101, at the One&Only The Palm, Dubai.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Le Caveau des Oubliettes, a hidden bar near Notre-Dame in Paris.
Favorite bar: The Barklays Café, a small local bar in Paris.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple.
Favorite food: Cajun food from New Orleans.
Least favorite food: Chocolate pie.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Long Island Iced Tea.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Favorite travel show(s): BBC’s Stephen Fry in America.
Favorite travel book(s): “On the Road,” Jack Kerouac.
Right now I am reading: “How Music Works,” by David Byrne.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Johnny Jet, CNTraveler, Cereal.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Tough! I would have to say…JohnnyJet.com anyway!
5 things you bring on a plane: iPhone, headphones, my MacBook, my hard drive with TV shows on it & my camera (to take photos from the window).
What do you always seem to forget? Adapters…
What do you like least about travel? Carrying my camera gear & my heavy backpack.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cigarettes & whisky!
Favorite travel app(s): Triposo/Google Maps.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Getting caught at a blackjack table in a casino in Las Vegas—I was under 21 and was asked to leave!
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Inside the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.
Worst travel moment: Leak in my Airbnb room in Edinburgh. It was raining on my bed and on my stuff.
What’s your dream destination? Cuba/Islands of Scotland/Norway/Iceland—can’t really choose!
Favorite travel charity: The Travel Foundation.
Best travel tip: Pack light. You always end up wearing the same clothes anyway.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.