Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Megan Worthy
Occupation: Author – Bronte & Frank Traveltivity Guides (international adventure series for kids)
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
Residence: Los Angeles
Facebook: Bronte & frank on facebook
Short Bio: Megan Worthy worked for years in the feature film industry, often traveling to unusual and sometimes extreme shooting locations, which fostered her passion for spontaneous adventure. Today, Megan promotes family travel through Bronte & Frank Traveltivity Guides, designed to enrich a child’s understanding of the world we live in today (real life 8-yr-old Bronte has visited 5 continents, attended international schools, resided in and toured around countless cities in close to 20 countries). All this, woven together with award winning travel advice for families on the go.
How often do you fly: Endlessly
How many countries have you been to: 30+
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Istanbul
Least favorite country: Russia
Country with meanest Immigration Officers: Russia (although USA ranks too)
Country with nicest Immigration Officers: Ireland
Favorite World Heritage Site: Great Barrier Reef
Favorite airline: Virgin
Favorite aircraft type: Seaplane
Aisle or window: Middle (Bronte likes the window)
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin – Heathrow
Favorite U.S. airport: Anywhere but LAX
Favorite international airport: Kingsford-Smith, Sydney
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Montage
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Suitcase until jetlag abates
Favorite cruise line: Never been
Favorite island: Australia
Favorite beach: Bronte Beach, Sydney
Favorite fancy but relaxed restaurant: Stokehouse, St. Kilda Beach, Melbourne
Favorite hole in the wall: Thaina Box, Bondi Beach, Sydney
Favorite fruit: Passion fruit
Favorite food: Authentic Thai
Least favorite food: Mushrooms
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Chardonnay (Margaret River, WA – when possible)
Favorite travel movie(s): Always surrender to the kid flicks
Favorite travel show(s): Globe Trekker, Thirsty Traveler, Amazing Race
Favorite travel book(s): Anything pertinent to upcoming travel (particularly for children)
Right now I am reading: Marrakech Encounter – Lonely Planet Marrakech Select – Ingram Marrakech High Atlas Essaouira – Footprint
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Conde Nast Traveler, Departures, GetGoing
Five things you bring on a plane: Pashmina, lip balm, Advil, socks, rose water spritzer
What do you always seem to forget: My own A-Z Travel Tips
What do you want from an airport duty free store? Something locally crafted
Favorite travel app(s): Flight tracker, XE, Uber, iBooks, Goop, Translator, Wifi Finder, Stack the Countries, Passbook
Most embarrassing travel moment: Anytime Bronte throws up on an unsuspecting passenger (especially long haul)
Worst travel moment: 9 hours trapped in a smoke filled Russian airport, waiting to board a 16 hr flight, alone with a 2yr old and too many heavy carry on items. Boarded finally (stroller now checked), only to be offloaded an hour later. Then one gate change after another (all requiring repeated security checks), no food, no water, no battery power, no bathroom (without going through security again and leaving valuables to fend for themselves), no diapers, no gate crew, no explanations and of course NO luggage at the other end. This experience however, did turn out to have one lasting positive effect. I now always remember that no matter the situation, it could always be worse.
What’s your dream destination: Any place where we can produce kid focused travel books, promoting family friendly restaurants, shopping locations and sites, while finding a local children’s charity to support in a meaningful way.
Favorite travel charity: Passports with Purpose
Best travel tip: Go with the flow
Favorite travel quote: “Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all.” Helen Keller
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.