Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Milos Mitrovic
Occupation: Architect, Tour Guide, Translator, Travel Blogger—Happy Frog Travels
Hometown: Belgrade, Serbia
Residence: Barcelona, Spain
College: University of Belgrade
College major: Architecture and Urban Design
Facebook: Happy Frog Travels
Pinterest: Happy Frog Photos
Google+: Happy Frog Photos
YouTube: Milos Mitrovic
Short bio: After studying architecture in Belgrade, I moved to Barcelona in 2006 to finish a master’s degree in Urbanism. The city is an architect’s dream, a hedonist’s playground and most importantly, super multicultural, so I had to stay. Barcelona attracts positive energy. The same that made me create my blog. Happy Frog Travels is not about me, it’s about the place. The world is much more interesting than me!
How often do you fly? Approximately twice a month.
How many countries have you been to? Around 50.
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Visiting Dubrovnik with my family just before the war.
Favorite American city: Haven’t been there yet.
Favorite international city: Yangon/Tbilisi/Istanbul.
Least favorite country: None.
I have no desire to go to: There is no such place.
Friendliest people in the world: Filipinos.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Never had a really bad experience.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Bagan, Myanmar.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus A380.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite international airport: Marrakech Airport, Morocco.
Favorite hotel: Petroff Palace Hotel—Moscow, Russia/Grand Hotel Amrâth Kurhaus—The Hague, Netherlands/Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan—Shanghai, China/Brasilia Palace Hotel—Brasilia, Brazil/Renaissance Kuala Lumpur—Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Favorite cruise line: Not my kind of travel.
Favorite island: Koh Rong Sanloem, Cambodia/Solovetsky Islands, Russia.
Favorite beach: Railay Beach, Thailand.
Favorite National Park: Zhangjiajie Natural Forest Park, China.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Had superb food at several ones in Hoi An, Vietnam.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Kentucky Bar—Barcelona, Spain.
Favorite bar: Madame Jasmine—Barcelona, Spain.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Chicken satay, Khachapuri.
Least favorite food: Milk.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Lemonade.
Favorite travel movie(s): C.R.A.Z.Y.
Favorite travel show(s): Don’t watch TV.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything Nabokov, Phillip K. Dick and Mishima.
Right now I am reading: Philip K. Dick: “The Man in the High Castle.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Classe Touriste.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Caravanistan.
5 things you bring on a plane: Toothbrush, sunglasses, camera, laptop, and my two passports.
What do you always seem to forget? Where I leave stuff.
What do you like least about travel? Flying.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Perfume.
Favorite travel app(s): TripAdvisor and Hotels.com.
Most embarrassing travel moment: I have two. 1) A girl I was traveling with started scratching my face in the middle of a bus. 2) In Romania I hitchhiked a lorry which stopped in the middle of the road for us to take pictures blocking traffic.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: India.
Worst travel moment: Being trapped inside Kazakhstan’s bureaucracy.
What’s your dream destination? East Africa.
Best travel tip: Forget about yourself, you are traveling!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.