Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Nancy D. Brown
Occupation: Public Relations Consultant & Travel Writer
Hometown: San Francisco, California
Residence: San Francisco Bay Area
Facebook: Nancy D. Brown
Pinterest: Nancy Diane Brown
YouTube: Nancy D. Brown
Short Bio: Nancy writes the What a Trip blog, a newspaper column and hotel reviews. An avid equestrian, Nancy reviews horse properties at writinghorseback.com. She specializes in adventure and luxury travel and was last spotted moving cattle in Colorado and up in the trees of Canada’s Great Bear Rainforest.
How often do you fly: Twice a month
How many continents have you been to: 2
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Lucerne, Switzerland
Favorite World Heritage Site: Bergen, Norway, a World Heritage City
Favorite aircraft type: I learned to fly the Cirrus SR22
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Any airport that offers free wifi
Favorite U.S. airport: San Francisco Interntional (SFO)
Favorite international airport: Schiphol in Amsterdam. I could live there!
Favorite hotel: Any Fairmont Hotel
Favorite island: Maui
Favorite fancy restaurant: Boulevard in San Francisco
Favorite hole in the wall: Sweet Affair Bakery in Walnut Creek
Favorite fruit: California grown strawberries
Favorite food: Swiss milk chocolate
Least favorite food: Mussels
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Water
Favorite travel movie(s): Out of Africa
Favorite travel show(s): Shark Week, Discovery Channel
Favorite travel book(s): Pam Houston’s Cowboys are my Weakness
Right now I am reading: Catcher in the Rye… again
Five things you bring on a plane: My Briggs & Riley carry-on, iPhone, digital camera, slip-on shoes & Tom Bihn Checkpoint Flyer bag with laptop.
What do you always seem to forget: Headphones
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): I take public transportation to the airport. iBart app gets me there on time.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Missing our return flight from Alberta, Canada in 2010. I had entered the wrong flight time into my iPhone and assured my husband that his information was incorrect. “Trust me, I’m a travel writer.” Fail!
What’s your dream destination: Riding an Icelandic horse to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Too many to list. I could spend all day reading travel blogs.
Favorite travel charity: Passports with Purpose
Best travel tip: Travel carry-on and own a passport.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.