Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Nancy Houley
Hometown: St. Sylvester, Quebec, Canada
Residence: Quebec City, Canada
Twitter: I do not tweet ☹
Short bio: As Director of Cruise Development of the Québec Port Authority, Nancy Houley’s mandate is far-reaching. In addition to managing the development of a robust cruise destination, she is also responsible for the complex maritime logistics required to welcome cruise ships.
Nancy joined the Port in 2012 and her passion for the market also led her to her role of Vice President of the Committee for the Board of Directors of the St. Lawrence Cruise Association. Nancy has over 20 years of experience in marketing and business development. She has initiated major partnerships and has led several development projects with leading companies such as Starbucks, Google and Coinstar.
How often do you fly? 1x a month on average.
How many countries have you been to? 16, some very extensively.
How many continents have you been to? Only two.
Earliest travel memory: First family trip outside of Canada to Old Orchard Beach, Maine. I even remember that summer song, “Patio Lanterns.”
Favorite American city: Spring in Chicago and winter in San Diego.
Favorite international city: Barcelona.
Least favorite country: Hmm, seriously, have not had that feeling.
I have no desire to go to: North Korea.
Favorite family trip: My husband and the four kids on a catamaran in the Caribbean—perfect.
Friendliest people in the world: I am so sorry but I have to go with Canadians!
Country with the meanest immigration officers: I am freaked by them all.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Toledo, Bruges, Rome, Istanbul, and I live in one, Quebec City!
Favorite airline: VIRGIN loved it!
Favorite aircraft type: Private jets—fam tours.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Air Canada’s.
Favorite U.S. airport: Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)—I was impressed seriously.
Favorite international airport: Zurich.
Favorite hotel: I have one every trip. Last month: Alt Hotel St-John’s Newfoundland.
Favorite travel credit card: Visa accepted everywhere.
Favorite island: Cuba—the beaches, oh my.
Favorite beach: Cayo Coco.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Trying to find them. Every city has one. They’re my favorite, especially when its spicy food.
Favorite airport restaurant: Archibald MTL airport I fly out of YUL all the time.
Favorite bar: Anywhere that has great gin cocktails.
Favorite fruit: Berries.
Favorite food: Anything spicy.
Least favorite food: Anything battered.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Wine or gin cocktails.
Right now I am reading: Rereading “Pride and Prejudice.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, earbuds, shawl, socks, mini toiletries.
What do you always seem to forget? I don’t, but the airlines forget my luggage. At least 1x a year.
What do you like least about travel? DELAYS in flights and luggage delivery.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cosmetics or wines.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Translate, WhatsApp, Accuweather.
Most embarrassing travel moment: A bird in the airport (open sky terminal) dropping on my head. So embarrassing!
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Thailand.
Worst travel moment: Getting severe influenza and being hospitalized.
What’s your dream destination? French Polynesia as a couple and as a family with all the kids and grandkids, a Disney cruise.
Favorite travel charity: My grandkids, Children’s Wish Foundation.
Favorite travel website(s): Cruise Critic.
What do you always seem to forget? To replace my toothpaste before I leave, and that exact pair of heels that go with everything.
What do you like least about travel? The process—line, wait, line. But getting there is wow!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.