Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Naveen Dittakavi
Occupation: Airfare Search Savant
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Residence: Atlanta, GA
College: Georgia Tech
College major: Computer Science
Facebook: Next Vacay
Short bio: Naveen Dittakavi is an airfare search savant whose proprietary software helps everyday people realize their goals of traveling internationally sooner rather than later.
An entrepreneur for over 25 years, he’s been designing software programs since 1996 and holds a patent in data retrieval systems. From early on, he’s been fascinated with creating software products that make people lives easier.
He knows that it’s too easy to put off international travel until retirement because it seems out of reach. After finding an incredible flight deal in 2014, he turned his passion for travel and his entrepreneurial spirit toward building a system so that others could share in the experience.
How often do you fly? At least twice a year on an international trip. Up to three domestic trips per month. Enough to earn Diamond Medallion status with Delta.
How many countries have you been to? 25
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Being bumped out of our seats in Dallas when I was five-years old and being given first class seats on the next flight as compensation. I began my fascination with luxury travel starting then.
Favorite American city: Charleston, SC.
Favorite international city: Barcelona.
Least favorite country: I don’t have an answer to this question. My worst experience was being shouted at by EU immigration at Charles de Gaulle (CDG) when I asked a question in English.
I have no desire to go to: Sahara Desert.
Friendliest people in the world: Cambodians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: France Charles de Gaulle (CDG).
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Favorite airline: Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 787.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: KLM Schiphol.
Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta.
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Seregenti.
Favorite cruise line: Crystal.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Ink Business Plus.
Favorite island: Song Saa Private Island (off the coast of Cambodia).
Favorite beach: Wood’s Cove, Laguna Beach.
Favorite National Park: Arches.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Alinea.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Little Thai, Interlaken Switzerland.
Favorite airport restaurant: One Flew South.
Favorite bar: The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove.
Favorite fruit: Honeycrisp apple.
Favorite food: Mom’s pulla pappu.
Least favorite food: Ivy gourd/tindora.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Kentucky mule.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Terminal, Up in the Air.
Favorite travel show(s): Parts Unknown.
Right now I am reading: “Shoe Dog” by Phil Knight.
5 things you bring on a plane: Y adapter for headphones, Bose noise-canceling in-earphones, fully charged external battery, chapstick, Gatorade chewables.
What do you always seem to forget? New razor blade cartridge, Ibuprofen.
What do you like least about travel? Dehydrated feeling on arrival even if you drink plenty of water during the flight.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty-Free store? Johnny Walker Platinum, Yamazaki, Flor de Cana 12-18 year.
Favorite travel app(s): SeatGuru.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Not having my ID on me.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Japan.
Worst travel moment: My flight home to Atlanta (ATL) from Amsterdam (AMS) was canceled due to the engine needing to be replaced. I’d already gotten settled into the seat and I had to run to re-booking to ensure I got home the same day.
What’s your dream destination? New Zealand.
Favorite travel charity: FLYTE.
Best travel tip: Pay for CLEAR and PreCheck, it will save your butt.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.