Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Nicole Brewer
Occupation: English as a Second Language Teacher
Hometown: Detroit, MI
Residence: Busan, S. Korea
YouTube: Globe Trotter
Short Bio: Nicole is a graduate of the University of Michigan with a degree in Communications. She has a background in market research but is now living abroad teaching and following her dreams to globe trot the world.
How often do you fly: Once every 3 or 4 months.
How many countries have you been to: 20
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: Chicago
Favorite international city: Melbourne
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Taj Mahal
Favorite airline: Cathy Pacific
Aisle or window: Aisle for sure.
Favorite airport lounge: Amsterdam
Favorite U.S. airport: Detroit DTW
Favorite international airport: Singapore
Favorite hotel: The Hilton
Favorite island: Koh Samui, Thailand
Favorite fancy restaurant: The Grand Lux-Chicago
Favorite hole in the wall: Harold’s Chicken- Chicago
Favorite fruit: Plums
Favorite food: Pasta
Least favorite food: Brussel sprouts
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): White wine
Favorite travel movie(s): Eat, Pray, Love
Favorite travel show(s): House Hunters. Travel +houses= Yes
Right now I am reading: What The Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: National Geographic Traveler, Matador Network, and Budget Travel
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Tripadvisor.com
Five things you bring on a plane: MP3, snacks, a pillow, a good book and a sleep aid just in case.
What do you always seem to forget: My umbrella
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Wine
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Tripit
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: The worst travel moment thus far would be not being able to access my checking account abroad while in Thailand on a solo trip by myself a couple days right before heading to the Full Moon Party on Koh Samui. I thought I’d have to cancel it as my bank in Korea did not want to allow me to “activate” international withdrawals without being in the bank. Thank God for ride or die friends who helped me get it worked out!
What’s your dream destination: I’m looking forward to making it to Africa soon. There is this amazing resort in Kenya called Giraffe Manor that I hope to visit one day.
Favorite travel charity: Learning Afar.
Best travel tip: Be ready for the unexpected to happen generally. Nothing always goes perfectly planned. Enjoy the ride as it comes along.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.