Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers on useful resources, favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Porter Gale
Occupation: Marketing expert and author of Your Network Is Your Net Worth
Hometown: Wayzata, Minnesota
Residence: San Francisco, California
YouTube: Porter Gale
Short Bio: Porter Gale is an internationally known speaker and consultant with over 20 years of experience working in marketing, advertising and independent filmmaking. Her first book Your Network Is Your Net Worth is being published by Simon & Schuster in 2013. From 2007 to 2011, Porter was Vice President of Marketing at Virgin America. Prior to Virgin America, Porter was a consultant and held the post of General Manager at Kirshenbaum Bond + Partners San Francisco. She was awarded the Changing The Game Award, by The Advertising Women of New York (AWNY), was on AdAge’s Digital Hotlist, iMedia Top 25-Digital Marketers and named a Digital Passionista by The Huffington Post. She lives with her daughter in San Francisco. She is also a blogger for AdAge and The Huffington Post.
How often do you fly: 5+ times a month
How many countries have you been to: 50+
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: New York City, New York
Favorite international city: Paris, France
Least favorite country: I can find something good about any place I visit.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Redwood National and State Park
Favorite airline: Virgin America
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus 380
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic Heathrow
Favorite U.S. airport: San Francisco Terminal 2
Favorite hotel: Capella, Los Cabos
Favorite cruise line: Disney Wonder (my daugher’s dream trip)
Favorite island: Eustatia, British Virgin Islands
Favorite fancy restaurant: Michael Mina – San Francisco, CA
Favorite hole in the wall: Sol Food, – San Rafael, CA
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Chocolate
Least favorite food: Liver
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Water
Favorite travel movie(s): Hangover
Favorite travel show(s): The Amazing Race
Favorite travel book(s): A Year In Provence, by Peter Mayle
Right now I am reading: I’m proofreading the last verion of my book: Your Network Is Your Net Worth
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, National Geographic Traveler
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: petergreenberg.com
Five things you bring on a plane: Headphones, Book, iPad, Jacket, Pen/Notepad
What do you always seem to forget: Chocolate
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Hermes Scarf
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): UBER
Most embarrassing travel moment: Arriving at the wrong NYC-based airport for a flight
Worst travel moment: Using the “port-a-potties” on Mt. Kilimanjaro
What’s your dream destination: India
Favorite travel charity: Kiva.org (Global Loans)
Best travel tip: Talk to your seatmates… you will hear incredible stories
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.