Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Richard Remick
Hometown: Bloomington, NY
Residence: Apollo Beach, FL
College: DeVry Institute of Technology
College major: Electronics
Facebook: Outside Pursuits
YouTube: Outside Pursuits
Short bio: After 20+ years looking out the window from a cubicle and dreaming of traveling the world making a living as a blogger, I finally achieved it in Sept of 2015! Now I blog about my travels and review outdoor activity gear on my website. I plan on helping save the oceans from being destroyed from overfishing and pollution.
How often do you fly? 5-10 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 18
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: Driving to Lake George (upstate NY) and staying in a motor lodge.
Favorite American city: Seattle, love the coffee!
Favorite international city: Paris, best food on the planet!
Least favorite country: Netherlands, nice people but always overcast.
I have no desire to go to: Antartica.
Friendliest people in the world: Locals in Steamboat Springs CO, ask them anything and they will go out of their way to help you!
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Probably a tie between the US and UK.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Redwood National Forest.
Favorite airline: None, cheapest that doesn’t crash!
Favorite aircraft type: Single propeller, feel like you’re really flying!
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Can’t say I have one.
Favorite U.S. airport: Tampa, FL, so so easy to navigate and clean.
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam.
Favorite hotel: Don Cesare, St Petersburg, FL.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean.
Favorite travel credit card: AMEX.
Favorite island: St John, US VI.
Favorite beach: Magens Bay, St Thomas.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Ruth Chris.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Sunpies, Steamboat Springs.
Favorite airport restaurant: None.
Favorite bar: Red Lion, Greenwich Village.
Favorite fruit: Strawberries.
Favorite food: Pasta!
Least favorite food: Anchovies.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Wild Turkey and Coke.
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Favorite travel show(s): Rick Steves’ travel show.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything that takes my mind off flying.
Right now I am reading: “The Lion.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Outside, Men’s Health, Discover.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! National Geographic.
5 things you bring on a plane: Pen, notebook, snacks, iPhone, and earphones.
What do you always seem to forget? Underwear.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting and delays.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Liquor.
Favorite travel app(s): HotelTonight.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Having to tell wife I missed a flight because I forgot to account for the time zone change.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Alaska.
Worst travel moment: Commuter flight in Costa Rica that scared me so much that I make a promise to join the priesthood!
What’s your dream destination? See Fjords and Northern Lights in Norway.
Favorite travel charity: UNICEF.
Best travel tip: Plan for delays.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.