Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Ryan Bifulco
Occupation: Founder & Executive Producer of journeyPod
Residence: Atlanta, GA
College: Wake Forest
College major: Economics
Facebook: journeyPod Luxury Travel Guide
Pinterest: journeyPod Travel Guide
Short bio: Ryan has been in the travel industry his entire 20-year career. He launched journeyPod in 2006 which only features 4- & 5-star hotels and resorts so Ryan’s travel style would be more boutique and unique.
Languages spoken: Light Spanish when needed on the road.
How many countries have you been to? Only 18 countries but that does include 22 trips to Europe.
Earliest travel memory: Disney adventures and camping trips with the family.
Favorite American city: San Fran.
Favorite international city: BCN.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Germany.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: Big Island in Hawaii.
Favorite international airport: CDG.
Favorite hotel: Too hard to pick just one but some favorites include Montreux Palace; Namale, Fiji; and Maroma.
Favorite island: Big Island and also the private island we were dropped on for the day near Cousteau, Fiji.
Favorite beach: Maroma in Mexico.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Too many to pick favorites but full lists on journeyPod.com from NY to Vegas to Paris.
Favorite bar: The outdoor pavilion bar at the Barcardi Factory in Puerto Rico.
Favorite fruit: Plum.
Favorite food: Anything Italian and seafood.
Least favorite food: Peas.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Vodka & tonic.
Favorite travel show(s): Globe Trekker.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: AwayisHome, WeBlogtheWorld, Aluxurytravelblog.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Fathomaway, TabletHotels, LuxuryLink, Trekaroo.
5 things you bring on a plane: Sony noise-cancelling headphones, iPad, Entrepreneur magazine, extra snacks, fleece.
What do you always seem to forget? Enough warmer layers for cool nights even when you visit warm locations.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chocolate and rum (both dark).
Worst travel moment: Before it was common to have cell phones while traveling you had to meet up the old fashioned way with a set spot at a set time. Sometimes you did not know that Barcelona had 6 entrances to the same Metro stop that spanned 6 busy city blocks which made it very hard to meet up. I missed my brother and friends a few times.
What’s your dream destination? New Zealand and Alaska.
Favorite travel charity: Anything ecofriendly.
Best travel tip: Get off the main path and link up with locals to truly know a destination and its culture.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.