Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Sam Chui
Occupation: Blogger and Vlogger
Hometown: Hong Kong
Residence: 39,000 feet in the sky
College: University of New South Wales, Australia
College major: Economics and Finance
YouTube: Sam Chui
Short bio: Sam Chui is one of the world’s most established aviation and luxury travel influencers, content creators and bloggers and a published author. Every year he travels upwards of 300,000 miles to test and share the experience onboard some of the finest fleets in the sky. His social media reached out to over 20 million viewers, and he has a subscriber base of over one million individuals.
How often do you fly? I fly on average 150 times per year, so about every 2-3 days per flight on average.
How many countries have you been to? Over 100 countries.
How many continents have you been to? All except Antarctica.
Earliest travel memory: When I was three-years old, I flew a Vickers Viscount plane.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Hong Kong.
Least favorite country: I don’t have one!
I have no desire to go to: Can’t think of one.
Friendliest people in the world: Oh, there were too many kind people I’ve met during my travels. I was particularly impressed with the Persians, Nepalese and Malaysians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: India.
Favorite airline: This is really a tough one. I have a few favorites: Emirates, Singapore and Thai Airways.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747.
Aisle or window: Window as always!
Favorite airport lounge: SWISS first class lounge at Zurich because of the outdoor terrace. Qatar Airways first class lounge at Doha, it is like a museum there.
Favorite U.S. airport: LAX because of the diversity of airline carriers there.
Favorite international airport: Singapore due to the amazing terminal, London Heathrow due to the amazing array of international airlines.
Favorite hotel: I am a fan of Marriott chain.
Favorite travel credit card: Citi Prestige card. I can credit the earned miles to many airlines.
Favorite island: Phuket, Thailand.
Favorite beach: Sunset Beach at St. Maarten for planes arriving low over it.
Favorite airport restaurant: I generally eat in the lounges so haven’t really tried out many.
Favorite bar: Pier Chic Bar at Al Qasr at Madinat Jumeirah Hotel Dubai.
Favorite fruit: Papaya.
Favorite food: Anything with carbs or meat!
Least favorite food: Vegetables and anything too healthy.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Mimosa.
Favorite travel show(s): Don’t have one.
Favorite travel podcast(s): Never listened to one.
Favorite travel book(s): Don’t have one.
Right now I am reading: “Jetliners of the Red Star” by Charles Kennedy.
5 things you bring on a plane: My camera, laptop, eye shade, iPhone, and headset.
What do you always seem to forget? I have forgotten my jacket in the hotel closet several times.
What do you like least about travel? Queues of anything, at airports, at sites, at immigration.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A destination unique souvenir.
Favorite travel app(s): FlightRadar 24.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: West Africa.
Worst travel moment: Probably when you’re sick or have food poisoning and looking for clean toilets.
What’s your dream destination? Bhutan.
Best travel tip: Keep an open mindset to go for a long way. Never judge or criticize something you’re not familiar with.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.