Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Terry Dale
Occupation: President, United States Tour Operators Association
Hometown: Brooklyn, IA
Residence: Brooklyn, NY
Short Bio: Terry Dale was named President of the U.S. Tour Operators Association, effective January, 2011. A well-known and respected travel industry leader, Dale has had a distinguished career, most recently as President & CEO of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) since 2003.
His previous positions include five years with NYC & Company – The NYC Convention and Visitors Bureau– where he was Executive Vice President; and ten years as President & CEO of the Greater Providence Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as President of the New England Society of Convention and Visitor’s Bureaus. Dale has also served on the Board of Directors of the US Travel Association, HSMAI, and Visit Florida. He has been a course instructor and Grossinger Lecturer at NYU Tisch Center for Hospitality, and served as a Distinguished Lecturer at Johnson & Wales.
Among Dale’s responsibilities at USTOA are developing the association’s strategic marketing initiatives, managing the association’s government advocacy on issues affecting tour operators, and working with other leaders and decision makers in the travel industry to identify mutual challenges and opportunities. Dale also serves as a key ambassador and spokesperson for USTOA. He holds the distinction of being the third president in USTOA’s nearly 40 year history.
How often do you fly: 2 to 3 times a month
How many countries have you been to: 55
How many continents have you been to: 6
Favorite American city: The Big Apple
Favorite international city: Too many to mention
Favorite World Heritage Site: Any site worthy of the designation is worthy to be on my favorite list
Favorite aircraft type: 747
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Clubhouse
Favorite U.S. airport: FLL
Favorite international airport: HKG
Favorite island: Fire Island
Favorite fancy restaurant: Eleven Madison
Favorite hole in the wall: Benny’s Burritos
Favorite fruit: Banana
Favorite food: Steak from the family farm in Iowa
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Favorite travel show(s): The Amazing Race
Favorite travel book(s): Around the World in 80 Days
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, Bose Headphones, blackberry, a good read and a sense of humor
What do you always seem to forget: Blackberry charger
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: When someone removed my bag from overhead storage and placed it in the aisle only to then put their bag in the bin leaving mine in the aisle. We ended up sitting next to each other. Awkward flight for everyone!
What’s your dream destination: Any place filled with culture, history and art.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.ustoa.com
Best travel tip: Get to know the locals as they always have insider intelligence on what not to miss and where to get the best “eats”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.