Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Tony Biggs
Occupation: Hospitality Management /Director of Culinary Arts Certified Angus Beef
Hometown: Cohasset Mass
Residence: Wooster Ohio
College: Culinary Institute of America
College major: Culinary Arts
Facebook: Tony Biggs
Short bio: Chef Tony Biggs has not only traveled to many counties, he has worked and lived with different cultures. Traveling the globe in search for his favorite foods. He was private chef to King Abdullah and Queen Rania, he managed the Imelda Marcos Fort Ilocandia in the Philippines and has hosted the Sultan of Brunei at the famed Sutera Harbor Hotel in Kota Kinabalu Malaysia. He now is Director of Culinary arts at Certified Angus Beef brand traveling the globe teaching folks how to eat beef. He is currently writing his memoirs on his legendary travel experiences.
How often do you fly? 40 times a year domestically/6 international trips.
How many countries have you been to? 21
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Quebec, Canada.
Favorite American city: Boston.
Favorite international city: Tokyo.
Least favorite country: Saudi Arabia.
Friendliest people in the world: Philippines.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Thailand.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra.
Favorite airline: Philippine Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: 747.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Hong Kong Pub.
Favorite U.S. airport: Charlotte.
Favorite international airport: Hong Kong.
Favorite hotel: Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu Malaysia.
Favorite cruise line: Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Palawan, Philippines.
Favorite beach: Boracay, Philippines.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Sushi Bar at Tsukiji fish market Japan.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Vinny Van Go Go’s Pizza, Savannah, Georgia.
Favorite bar: The Carousal Bar New Orleans (Hotel Montelone).
Favorite fruit: Leche/blueberries-mangosteins-bananas.
Favorite food: Sushi-Thai-beef-Italian-pizza-Chinese-Arabic.
Least favorite food: Chinese cold platter that consists of unidentifiable objects.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): White wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): Indiana Jones in Petra, Lost in Translation, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, The Witches of Eastwick.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain CNN.
Favorite travel book(s): National Geographic.
Right now I am reading: “The Pro Chef 4.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Not any favorite.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Facebook.
5 things you bring on a plane: Cell phone, snacks, head rest, earplugs, water.
What do you always seem to forget? Shaving cream, sunscreen.
What do you like least about travel? The jetlag.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Red wine.
Favorite travel app(s): Starbucks.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Did not have a visa entering China. They asked me to leave the country, but luckily we worked things out.
What’s your dream destination? Himalayas.
Favorite travel charity: Second Harvest Food Bank.
Best travel tip: Do anything to avoid jetlag/pack light.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.