If you’ve already seen this week’s Travel Instagrammer of the Week post, you already know about Thomas D. Mangelsen, who’s one of the all-time greats of American nature and wildlife photography. Here’s a selection of Tom’s published books on Amazon.
Again, an excerpt from his bio:
“Tom has produced several fine art and conservation focused books; his first book, ‘Images of Nature: The Photographs of Thomas D. Mangelsen,’ written by noted biologist Charles Craighead, was published in 1989 and contains more than 200 photographs that document the natural history of North America. ‘Polar Dance: Born of the North Wind,’ published in 1997, was produced after photographing polar bears on the wild, western shores of Hudson Bay for ten years. Written by preeminent Canadian author Fred Bruemmer, this poetic story tracks a mother polar bear with her two cubs and a lone male through the seasons of a year. ‘Spirit of the Rockies: The Mountain Lions of Jackson Hole,’ published in 2000, is the first photographic documentary of wild cougars. Author Cara Blessley Lowe gives a rare inside look at these secretive animals as human development encroaches into their habitat.
“In 2007, Tom released his third fine art book, ‘The Natural World,’ with a foreword by Jane Goodall. This book of panoramic images was the recipient of the Benjamin Franklin Award for Best Coffee Table/Large Format Book in 2008 by the PMA, the Independent Book Publishers Association. ‘The Last Great Wild Places: Forty Years of Wildlife Photography’ by Thomas D. Mangelsen was published in 2014. This book contains more than 150 of Tom’s most important images, spanning all seven continents and crossing the northernmost to the southernmost extremes of the Earth. A forward by Jane Goodall and written by Todd Wilkinson, this book takes both an intimate and far-reaching look into the natural world that has inspired artists, conservationists, and adventurers for centuries.
“In 2015, ‘Grizzlies of Pilgrim Creek: An Intimate Portrait of 399’ was published. In stunning images by Mangelsen and words by Todd Wilkinson, ‘Grizzlies of Pilgrim Creek’ tells the dramatic story of Grizzly 399, the most famous mother bear in the world. In a book that has been called unprecedented by Jane Goodall, readers are taken on a heart-palpitating adventure into the harrowing life and death encounters of both grizzlies and people as bears try to survive in the modern world. This book has been awarded the Los Angeles Times’ Mesmerizing Coffee Table Titles, the Forward Indies Book Award, the High Plains Book Award, and the Outdoor Writers Association of America Excellence in Craft Contest.”
Grab one: Grab one of Tom Mangelsen’s books on Amazon here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.