How to Renew Your Passport without Leaving the House
If you have a smartphone, an envelope and a credit card, you can now skip going to the post office or DMV to renew your passport—thanks to the ItsEasy Passport Renewal & Photo App (available for iOS only). The app offers US passport holders the option to renew their passports without leaving the home or office. ItsEasy is a government-registered and -approved agent and for a $29 fee, it instantly puts easy instructions, the correct government form, a secure trackable shipping label, and the ability to take passport photos at your fingertips.
Simply send your signed application and passport to them with the included trackable shipping label and they will pre-check all of your documents, submit government payment, print and attach your passport photo, and securely deliver your documents to the US State Department for processing.
Of course, passport-sized photos (2″ x 2″) can be used for passports, visas, state exams, licensing applications, and more, and you can use ItsEasy to take and acquire them. Just use your iPhone/iPad and choose the delivery option that suits you.
If you ever lose your passport, just hit the ItsEasy panic button to learn what to do!
H/T to Fox News.
This tip was once a popular Travel App of the Week post.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 637!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.