Keep Your Belongings in Sight in Your Hotel Room
I rarely lose personal items in a hotel room and that’s because I always do a double—sometimes triple—sweep before I leave. And I don’t put any of my things anywhere it might be difficult to spot them. This might sound pretty basic, but after traveling with my aging father, I’ve come to realize he just plops his belongings down wherever’s closest.
I always place mine in the same spots, so time after time I know where they’ll be. I also don’t put dark items (like my dad’s sunglasses above) on a dark counter, and light on light, etc. If there’s no other surface, I’ll look for a book or a piece of paper to place under my things so they’ll stand out and be easier to spot. That way, I won’t overlook them when I’m hurrying to check out of my room.
FYI: The photo above was taken at the Ritz-Carlton Central Park in New York City where my dad and I recently stayed.
Tried this tip? Let me know in the comments!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 473!
Want even more travel tips? Subscribe to the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! All you have to do is sign up for the weekly newsletter by filling in your email address and checking the Daily Travel Tip box in the top-right corner of the homepage.
If you already subscribe to the newsletter, fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box in the same top-right corner of the homepage and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day. And don’t worry—it’s easier than it sounds!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.