Vadim Makhorov and Vitaliy Raskalov are masked Russian daredevils who are seriously out of their minds. They travel around the world illegally climbing some of the most towering structures on the planet, from the Eiffel Tower to the Great Pyramids in Egypt. Just watching this five-minute video of them breaking into the under-construction Shanghai Tower in China—which is the world’s second-tallest building at 2,073-feet high—and then climbing to the very top (and I mean top) made my hands and feet sweat. Yes, the results are breathtaking, but there’s no amount of money in the world you could pay me to do myself.
For more on the story behind this video, check out this article from The Atlantic.
BTW: I’ve stayed in the Shanghai World Financial Center, which at the time was the tallest building in the world. It’s also the one to the right in this video—with a giant space (called the aperture) at the top. Here’s my story and video.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.