Vadim Makhorov and Vitaliy Raskalov are masked Russian daredevils who are seriously out of their minds. They travel around the world illegally climbing some of the most towering structures on the planet, from the Eiffel Tower to the Great Pyramids in Egypt. Just watching this five-minute video of them breaking into the under-construction Shanghai Tower in China—which is the world’s second-tallest building at 2,073-feet high—and then climbing to the very top (and I mean top) made my hands and feet sweat. Yes, the results are breathtaking, but there’s no amount of money in the world you could pay me to do myself.
For more on the story behind this video, check out this article from The Atlantic.
BTW: I’ve stayed in the Shanghai World Financial Center, which at the time was the tallest building in the world. It’s also the one to the right in this video—with a giant space (called the aperture) at the top. Here’s my story and video.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.