Vadim Makhorov and Vitaliy Raskalov are masked Russian daredevils who are seriously out of their minds. They travel around the world illegally climbing some of the most towering structures on the planet, from the Eiffel Tower to the Great Pyramids in Egypt. Just watching this five-minute video of them breaking into the under-construction Shanghai Tower in China—which is the world’s second-tallest building at 2,073-feet high—and then climbing to the very top (and I mean top) made my hands and feet sweat. Yes, the results are breathtaking, but there’s no amount of money in the world you could pay me to do myself.
For more on the story behind this video, check out this article from The Atlantic.
BTW: I’ve stayed in the Shanghai World Financial Center, which at the time was the tallest building in the world. It’s also the one to the right in this video—with a giant space (called the aperture) at the top. Here’s my story and video.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.