Ever wonder what happens to your bag after you check it, and before it’s loaded onto the plane? FlyerTalk recently posted about this video created by the team at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport, and it’s pretty cool. The video follows a piece of luggage from the moment it gets to the ground crew (after being checked) to the moment it’s ready to be loaded onto a plane. The whole journey takes about three minutes, and there’s a whole lot of mechanization involved, as you’d expect.
What’s really cool about the video, though, is the fact that as hosted on the Schiphol website (click here or on the image above), the video lets you zoom in and click and drag around for a 360º (on two axes) view of the process. Check it out!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.