Ever wonder what happens to your bag after you check it, and before it’s loaded onto the plane? FlyerTalk recently posted about this video created by the team at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport, and it’s pretty cool. The video follows a piece of luggage from the moment it gets to the ground crew (after being checked) to the moment it’s ready to be loaded onto a plane. The whole journey takes about three minutes, and there’s a whole lot of mechanization involved, as you’d expect.
What’s really cool about the video, though, is the fact that as hosted on the Schiphol website (click here or on the image above), the video lets you zoom in and click and drag around for a 360º (on two axes) view of the process. Check it out!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.