NameShouts might just be a big help when you travel next—especially if you’ve ever found yourself having trouble pronouncing someone’s name. NameShouts helps you pronounce a person’s name correctly, as it would be by native speakers, and it’s free.
Just type in a person’s full name (there are over 14,000 names in their database) and the language (they have 14 languages), and the search results will display best matches, and for each match, three things: Pronunciation, phonetic spelling and the gender of the name (if available). There’s also a “Slow Mode” button to slow down pronunciation so you can hear it better.
No more guessing if the person you’re emailing is a male or female, and no more (or at least less) embarrassing yourself when you meet new people. Thanks, NameShouts.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.