Two of Canada’s largest airlines just released new videos this week and they’re both worth watching. The first one, by WestJet, entitled “Love where you’re going. Again” is short (one minute) and sweet and will bring you close to shedding a tear.
The second one is Air Canada’s new safety video, entitled, An Ode to Canada. It showcases Canada’s spectacular scenery in each of its 13 provinces and territories through all four seasons. Unfortunately, it’s really long because it’s in both of Canada’s official languages, English and French. I think they should have done it in both languages but separately. They would have kept my attention that way but they didn’t.
Regardless, you will find the scenery inspiring and in case you’re wondering about the locations and places featured, they are: Newfoundland & Labrador’s Gros Morne National Park; Manitoba’s Little Limestone Lake; Yukon’s winter; Ontario’s social hospitality; Northwest Territories’ Northern Lights; Nunavut’s vast expanse; Prince Edward Island’s Cavendish Beach; Alberta’s foothills; BC’s North Shore mountains; Saskatchewan’s wheat fields; Quebec’s art and culture experiences; Nova Scotia’s Lunenburg; New Brunswick’s Hopewell Cape.
Unfortunately, the Canadian airlines really left a bad taste in most Americans’ mouths because they refused to refund tickets even when they canceled flights during the pandemic. Now, they’re being threatened by the United States Department of Transportation with a $25 million fine. BTW: If you still have flight credits for either WestJet or Air Canada, now is a good time to turn them into cash as they’re now refunding past tickets.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.