When I was traveling a lot last year, I used Blacklane for my car services (full disclosure: I was a brand ambassador with them). What I love about Blacklane is that 99% of the time, you will get a professional driver and they will show up on time. With Uber, you never know when the driver will show up and I have had cases where they said the driver would arrive in a few minutes and it would be 20 minutes or more.
Uber’s trying to change that with their new Uber Reserve program, which will launch first in 20 U.S. cities and start with their premium cars (Uber Black and Black SUV). According to Tech Crunch: “The company said it will make the feature available to other ride options such as Uber X, “comfort” and XL by the end of the year. The initial launch cities include Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, D.C., Fort-Myers / Naples, Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Seattle.” They will give a 15-minute grace period if the rider is running late and even more importantly, an on-time guarantee that will give users $50 in Uber Cash if their driver is even a minute late to the ride they have scheduled.
This is definitely great news for travelers but when it comes to scheduling luxury rides, I will still use Blacklane over Uber. However, when Uber adds this service to Uber X I will definitely be using it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.