When I was traveling a lot last year, I used Blacklane for my car services (full disclosure: I was a brand ambassador with them). What I love about Blacklane is that 99% of the time, you will get a professional driver and they will show up on time. With Uber, you never know when the driver will show up and I have had cases where they said the driver would arrive in a few minutes and it would be 20 minutes or more.
Uber’s trying to change that with their new Uber Reserve program, which will launch first in 20 U.S. cities and start with their premium cars (Uber Black and Black SUV). According to Tech Crunch: “The company said it will make the feature available to other ride options such as Uber X, “comfort” and XL by the end of the year. The initial launch cities include Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, D.C., Fort-Myers / Naples, Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Jersey, New York City, New Orleans, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Seattle.” They will give a 15-minute grace period if the rider is running late and even more importantly, an on-time guarantee that will give users $50 in Uber Cash if their driver is even a minute late to the ride they have scheduled.
This is definitely great news for travelers but when it comes to scheduling luxury rides, I will still use Blacklane over Uber. However, when Uber adds this service to Uber X I will definitely be using it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.