Here’s a video—posted on Weibo—that will definitely make you change your travel habits. According to USA TODAY, “An activist blogger who uses the pseudonym ‘Huazong’ posted the video late Wednesday on his verified account on Weibo, a Chinese social media network. It was picked up by Chinese media and” now many other outlets are writing and talking about it.
The 12-minute hidden camera video shows housekeeping at several Chinese luxury hotels (including high-end, international brands) wiping cups, mirrors and sinks with dirty towels and sponges, some of which had already been used to wipe the toilet seat. It’s really disturbing. Beijing tourism authorities have issued a statement requiring hotels to check and fix their practices, but you know that this is really an education/laziness thing than anything else, so I wouldn’t count on big changes. As for me, I won’t be drinking from any hotel room glasses going forward, and I’ll be wiping down the handles and counters with antibacterial wipes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.