Here’s a video—posted on Weibo—that will definitely make you change your travel habits. According to USA TODAY, “An activist blogger who uses the pseudonym ‘Huazong’ posted the video late Wednesday on his verified account on Weibo, a Chinese social media network. It was picked up by Chinese media and” now many other outlets are writing and talking about it.
The 12-minute hidden camera video shows housekeeping at several Chinese luxury hotels (including high-end, international brands) wiping cups, mirrors and sinks with dirty towels and sponges, some of which had already been used to wipe the toilet seat. It’s really disturbing. Beijing tourism authorities have issued a statement requiring hotels to check and fix their practices, but you know that this is really an education/laziness thing than anything else, so I wouldn’t count on big changes. As for me, I won’t be drinking from any hotel room glasses going forward, and I’ll be wiping down the handles and counters with antibacterial wipes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.