Last Saturday, while doing my weekly travel/tech segment on Leo Laporte’s The Tech Guy, I learned about a creative, fun and possibly even romantic way to count the countries you’ve been to.
Traveller Collective is a Vancouver-based company that makes stainless steel rings engraved with the details of your travel memories. Each ring is 1cm (0.4″) in length and weighs 0.75g each. To buy a new ring, you simply note a country you’ve been to and the company will engrave the country’s three-letter abbreviation on it—plus, if you like, a two-character abbreviation of the year you were there. As you accumulate travels, you can buy more rings and add them to a clip and necklace. Traveller Collective also sells rings for U.S. states and Canadian provinces.
If you ask me, a ring collection is a great memento and a unique travel gift. Ring prices range from $3.25 to $7.50 each.
Note: As an added bonus, with every sale the company donates 20% to gift travel to someone. Here’s more.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.