United Airlines just announced the launch of the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Pre✓™ program at O’Hare International Airport, Terminal 1. TSA Pre✓™ is a new risk-based, pre-screening initiative that allows customers to volunteer information about themselves that may make them eligible to expedite their screening experience. Eligible United customers traveling through Terminal 1 at O’Hare are allowed to leave on their shoes, light outerwear, and belts and to keep their laptops and 3-1-1 compliant liquids and gels in their carry-ons.
The TSA manages and operates this program and is working with United and with U.S. Customs and Border Protection to identify possible participants. Eligible United MileagePlus members are being invited to participate in the initial phase. Non-members may qualify by becoming eligible members of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler programs.
For customers who choose to participate, the TSA will determine eligibility for expedited screening prior to each flight and will embed this information in the barcode of eligible customers’ boarding passes. TSA agents will scan the boarding pass and will direct eligible customers to the assigned pre-screening lane. The TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures, so no customers are guaranteed expedited screening.
MileagePlus members participating in this program may be eligible for expedited security screening in Atlanta, Boston, Reagan Washington National, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Portland, Ore. and Seattle, in addition to O’Hare. United customers can look forward to TSA Pre✓™ launching at additional airports throughout 2012. For more information on TSA Pre✓™, visit tsa.gov or united.com/tsaprescreening.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.