CLEAR, as we’ve written before, is a huge help if you travel often around the U.S. And starting yesterday, United MileagePlus members—and especially those with status—can get CLEAR at a discounted rate. CLEAR, which is usually $179/year, is now available at the following rates, per United:
- MileagePlus Premier 1K status holders: Free
- MileagePlus Premier Silver, Gold or Platinum status holders: $109/year
- All MileagePlus members: $119/year
United U.S. cardholders can also purchase a year of CLEAR membership for $109/year. To register for discounted CLEAR membership yourself, and to see more details from United, visit this page. For a list of airports and venues where CLEAR is available.
CLEAR is also discounted for Delta SkyMiles members
As Conde Naste Traveler writes, Delta SkyMiles members are eligible for similar discounts with CLEAR:
“If you’re not a United flier, Delta Air Lines also offers a similar partnership with Clear to give its frequent fliers a discounted membership to the service. The pricing tiers are similar: free for Diamond Medallion members (the top loyalty status), $109 per year for Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion members, and $119 per year for all other members of Delta’s frequent flier program.”
If you’re a SkyMiles member, see more and sign up here.
More on CLEAR
It offers access to exclusive, accelerated security lines for members at more than 60 airports and venues. The company that operates it is private and certified by the Department of Homeland Security, which means it operates separately from government-operated TSA PreCheck. If you have both Global Entry/TSA PreCheck (remember that Global Entry includes PreCheck), you can use both. In fact, the services team up.
As United writes on its updated CLEAR page, once you’re a member you must first use eye or fingerprint scanners to identify yourself at the head of the CLEAR line. Once your identity has been confirmed, you can then “bypass the line to show your photo ID and travel documents to a TSA agent and go straight to the security bins instead. If you have TSA Precheck, it works together with CLEAR so both parts of the security process are streamlined.”
For more on CLEAR, TSA PreCheck and Global Entry and how they relate to one another, see this post:
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.