In case you had not yet heard, United is now operating an invitation-only restaurant in Newark Liberty International Airport’s (EWR) Terminal C. To dine at Classified, you must: be approved/invited, have a reservation, and then finally be escorted through a back door inside another restaurant (Saison, near Gate 120 in Terminal C) and down a secret hallway to a small, quiet dining room tucked beside the tarmac and sparkling United jets. The menu is impressive, with starters like chili lobster ($34), mains like seared branzino with cauliflower pureé and soy brown butter ($35), wines/beers/cocktails, and chef specials. Orders are placed via iPads that store and monitor your flight info—and from which you can flee if final call sneaks up on you (you can also pay in MileagePlus miles). A meal at Classified will cost you more than a pretzel at Auntie Anne’s, but if you’ve got an hour and a little budget to kill at EWR, well, American airport food doesn’t get any better.
Yes, you must be invited—and United, milking the intrigue, won’t reveal exactly how you manage that. But it has at least provided tools with which you can help get yourself in. If you plan to fly through EWR, or you expect to, or you’re just curious enough to take the next step, you can put your name on the waitlist at classified.united.com/dining. As long as you’re a United MileagePlus member—which of course is free and worthwhile if you fly United—you’ll likely get your chance.
The menus (click each to enlarge):
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.