Short bio: After being diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy at the age of two, Cory Lee’s thirst for adventure never ceased. Cory has traveled to all 7 continents, while managing to run his travel blog curbfreewithcorylee.com, where he shares his accessible, and sometimes not so accessible, travel adventures with others. Cory’s blog has received the prestigious Webby Award for Best Personal Blog and 2 Lowell Thomas Awards for Best Travel Blog. He was also named New Mobility Magazine’s 2018 Person of the Year. Cory has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, National Geographic Travel, Forbes, USA Today, Lonely Planet, and many others. He hopes to inspire other wheelchair users to roll out of their comfort zone and see all of the beauty that the world has to offer.
Occupation: Travel Blogger
Hometown: LaFayette, Georgia
Residence: LaFayette, Georgia
How many countries have you been to? 37
How many continents have you been to? 7
Earliest travel memory: Driving to Walt Disney World with my family (about a 10 hour drive)
Favorite American city: NYC
Which American cities do accessibility right?: NYC, Washington DC, Las Vegas
Which American cities don’t do accessibility right?: Atlanta and the smaller ones like Chattanooga.
Favorite international city: Sydney, Australia and Barcelona, Spain
Friendliest people in the world: India
Country with the meanest immigration officers: France
Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta and Minneapolis
Favorite international airport: Amsterdam
Which airports/airlines do a great job for people in a chair? ATL, MSP, AMS
Favorite aircraft type: Widebodies
Sat next to any famous celebs: Julia Roberts and John C. Reilly
Drink of choice in the air: Ginger Ale
Favorite restaurant: Blue Rooster in Tel Aviv, Israel
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Guinea pig in Ecuador
Favorite hotel: Hilton Hotels (Marriott a close second)
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Ink Business (Read our Chase Ink Business review here)
Favorite island: Barbados
Favorite travel movie(s): The Beach
Favorite travel show(s): All of Samantha Brown’s Shows
Favorite travel book: My Book (Let’s Explore with Cor Cor!)
Worst travel moment: The time a hippo attacked me in South Africa
Favorite travel bloggers/newsletters: Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi and Oneika the Traveller
What’s your dream destination? Egypt and Italy
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: See video
Favorite travel accessibility books:
–Lonely Planet’s Accessible Travel Online Resources (PDF)
–Books by Candy Harrington
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.