Short bio: Ernest White II is a storyteller, explorer, and transformational lifestyle designer who has circumnavigated the globe six times. He is the producer and host of television travel docu-series FLY BROTHER with Ernest White II (now airing on Public Television Stations nationwide), host of the travel- and culture-focused Fly Brother Radio Show, and publisher of multicultural travel portal FlyBrother.net. Ernest also works as an actor and voice over artist for radio, film and television, audiobooks, and educational materials, and speaks to youth and adult audiences about the incomparable magic of travel.
Occupation: TV Host
Hometown: Jacksonville, FL
Residence: San Francisco, CA
College: Florida A & M University (Undergrad) and American University in Washington for Graduate
College major: Political Science and Creative Writing
Earliest travel memory: Besides Epcot, going to the Bahamas
How many countries have you been to? 70
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: São Paulo
Friendliest people in the world: Tajikistan
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA
Favorite hotel: Andaz’s and W’s
Favorite island: Shetlands and Providencia (belongs to Colombia) off the coast of Nicaragua
Favorite beach: Baker Beach in SF
Favorite restaurant: Nope
Favorite fruit: Anything in the citrus family
Favorite food: Indian, Thai, Italian
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Pig intestines
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water
Favorite travel movie(s): Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
Favorite travel show(s): As a kid: Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego and as an adult Anthony Bourdain last season
Favorite travel book(s): A Death in Brazil
Favorite travel app: WhatsApp & Couch surfing
What do you always seem to forget? Sunglasses, watch…
Worst travel moment: Running out of money in Cuba
Most embarrassing travel moment: Stepping in poop in Cuba
What’s your dream destination? Greenland
Best travel tip: Be open/authentic when you travel
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.