Short bio:Kellee Edwards is “One of the Most Powerful Women In Travel” according to Conde’ Nast. She’s also an award-winning travel expert, journalist and television host by land, air and sea. She is a licensed pilot, advanced open water scuba diver and explorer and is most known for hosting Mysterious Islands on The Travel Channel.
Hometown: Chicago and San Bernardino
Residence: Los Angeles
College: Cal State Fullerton
College major: Broadcast Journalism
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
Ever encounter racism while traveling? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many miles do you fly a year or have flown? Over 1,000 flight hours and last year flew over 100,000 miles commercially
How many countries have you been to? 64
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Taking the bus across country at six years old.
Favorite American city: Chicago
Favorite international city: Florence and Rio de Janeiro
Friendliest people in the world: Thailand
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Never encountered mean ones
I have no desire to go to: No where
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK
Favorite international airport: Singapore Changi
Favorite airport lounge: Centurion Lounge in Miami
Longest flight you’ve taken: To Broome, Australia
Favorite aircraft type: 787
Sat next to any famous celebs: Viggo Mortensen, Anthony Anderson and many more
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Veuve Champagne and
Favorite restaurant: Ca De Sole, Los Angeles
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Crickets
Favorite hotel: Fiji InterContinental
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Platinum
Favorite island: Sulawesi in Indonesia
Favorite beach: Zuma Beach, Malibu
Best place for adventure travel: New Zealand and Alaska
Most adventurous activity: See video
Favorite travel movie: Eat, Pray, Love
Favorite travel show: Anthony Bourdain’s and Samantha Brown
Favorite travel book: Alchemist
Favorite travel bloggers/newsletters: Gloria Antamo
Worst travel moment: Istanbul, Turkey where a man was mad I didn’t want to go on a date with him.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Having my bags be over the weight limit
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: Packing Cubes!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.