Short bio: Mickela Mallozzi is the four-time Emmy Award-winning Host and Executive Producer of Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi, a travel series highlighting the diversity of dance which airs on PBS stations nationwide and on Amazon Prime globally. A professional dancer and trained musician, Mickela decided to start a journey around the world, taking her camera with her to follow dance in the lives of everyday people wherever she went. From re-discovering her family’s heritage in Southern Italy to dancing tango on the main stage in Buenos Aires, the series covers Mickela’s adventures as she experiences the world, one dance at a time. She has been featured in The New York Times, OprahMag.com, AFAR, Condé Nast Traveler, Travel Channel, Dance Magazine, Forbes, and more, and she has performed on various television shows including Sesame Street and The Doctor Oz Show. Season 3 of Bare Feet is currently airing on PBS stations across the country and on Amazon Prime, featuring destinations based on Mickela’s own DNA map:
Occupation: Host & Executive Producer of Bare Feet with Mickela Mallozzi
Hometown: Stamford, CT
College major: Music Composition
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? When it’s safe
How many countries have you been to? 35
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Going to my mom’s travel agency and going to Italy when I was two.
Favorite American city: NYC and New Orleans
Favorite international city: Buenos Aires
Favorite U.S. airport: LGA
Favorite international airport: Istanbul
Favorite airport lounge: Centurion Lounges
Sat next to any famous celebs: I used to be a junior manager for a metal band so a lot of metal musicians
Favorite restaurant: I hope this place with survive COVID-19, but Rai Rai Ken in NYC’s East Village.
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Bugs in Korea
Favorite hotel: See video
Best hotel view: Pacific Resort Aitutaki
Favorite travel credit card: Amex Business Platinum (Read our American Express Business Platinum Card review here)
Favorite island: Ireland & Guadeloupe Islands
Best place for adventure travel: New Zealand/South Africa
Most adventurous activity: Zip lining in Puerto Rico
Best sightseeing excursion/tour: See video
Favorite travel movie: Only You
Favorite travel show: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat
Favorite travel book: Homer’s Odyssey
Worst travel moment: Being robbed twice in Italy
Most embarrassing travel moment: Throwing up on a fishing boat in the Cook Islands
What’s your dream destination? Dancing with the Maori people in New Zealand
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video
Best travel tip: Embrace the chaos! (See video)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.