Short bio: A multiple Emmy-winning investigative reporter and producer, Peter Greenberg is America’s most recognized, honored and respected front-line travel news journalist. Known in the travel industry as “The Travel Detective,” he is the Travel Editor for CBS News, appearing on CBS This Morning.
Occupation: Travel Journalist / TV Host
Residence: NYC/L.A./Fire Island/Long Island
College: Univ of Wisconsin
College major: Journalism and Police Science
Earliest travel memory: See video (2:48)
How many miles do you fly a year or have flown? 23 million miles
How many countries have you been to? 151
How many continents have you been to? 7
Favorite American city besides NYC: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Bangkok
Friendliest people in the world: Thailand
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Russia
I have no desire to go to: No where
How are you doing with quarantine? See video (12:26)
Favorite aircraft type: DC8 / 747
Sat next to any famous celebs: Many from Robert Redford to sitting presidents (on their plane)
Favorite U.S. airport: Tampa
Favorite international airport: Doha
Favorite airport lounge: Doha and Lufthansa’s First Class Terminal
Favorite hotel: Don’t have one
Favorite island besides Fire Island: Tasmania and … see video
Favorite beach: Midway Island
Favorite restaurant: Many including Harry’s Bar in Venice
Favorite dessert: Chocolate mousse in Lisbon
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Grub worm in the Australian Outback
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water in the air and malt on the ground
Favorite travel movie(s): Islands in the Stream and Love Actually
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain’s show
Worst travel moment: Being deported in Guatemala
Most embarrassing travel moment: See video (35:36) but involved being on a train that was separated
What’s your dream destination? See video (38:10)
Best travel tip: Never take a no from someone who is not empowered to give you a yes in the first place.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.