Maybe the best sketch on SNL this past weekend was the one above, a mock low-budget commercial for trips to Italy with “Romano Tours.” Host Adam Sandler plays Joe Romano and promises great experiences as long as guests bring realistic expectations (they can “take you on a hike” but they can’t “make you like hiking”).
It’s pretty funny, and also I think a nod to my buddy Steve Perillo and his dad Mario Perillo of Perillo Tours, which used to run commercials like the one below. Speaking to TravelPulse, Steve confirmed that with the parody, SNL “got every pixel right including the colors, fonts, shade of [his] suit and comments from customer testimonials, which were identical to real commercials.” He also added that his dad would have gotten a kick out of it.
Of the sketch’s message that a single trip to Italy will not change who you are, Steve told TravelPulse that he thinks “there is something to that but the best thing about travel is that it lets you see your life back home from a distance. You always think you will come back home and change your patterns or spend more time with someone. Even if that doesn’t happen, he said, you still see yourself more clearly.”
- Travel Video of the Week: SNL’s “Naked & Afraid: Celebrity Edition”
- Travel Video of the Week: SNL Airport Skit
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.