On Saturday, a 500,000-pound plane with a 385-foot wingspan—longer than a football field—took flight for the first time and safely landed after two hours in the air. It’s the biggest plane ever built (by wingspan). The company behind the giant, called Stratolaunch, hopes that the plane will serve to carry and launch rockets out of the Earth’s atmosphere from an altitude of 35,000 feet.
In the CBS News interview above, expert Bill Harwood explains the thought behind the plane and how it factors into the global space race.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.