The big British Airways news right now concerns the possible strike that could begin as soon as August 6. At the time of this writing, members of the British Airline Pilots’ Association (BALPA) have voted for/against a strike. BALPA will reveal the results later today, first to BA. You can find more details in this Independent story.
Elsewhere in the BA universe: the video above from YouTuber Cargospotter. In the video, an Embraer E190 comes in to land at Skiathos Airport (JSI) in Greece just above the heads of onlookers. Skiathos Airport, which serves the island of Skiathos, is famous for the public access it allows people near the runway. For this reason, people sometimes refer to it as the “European Sint Maarten.” Sint Maarten/Saint Martin’s Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM), the airport of comparison, is famous for its landings just beyond public Maho Beach. And Cargospotter writes as much in the video’s description. In fact, he/she calls Skiathos Airport “one of the most amazing places worldwide…”
On the day of the landing captured above, Cargospotter says that “the people who were watching the planes were pushed from the wall by the wake turbulence of the Embraer.” Pretty wild, eh?
More low landings like this one at Skiathos Airport
- Video: People Getting Blown Back at Maho Beach St. Maarten Airport
- Travel Video of the Week: Takeoff at St Maarten’s Juliana Airport
- Travel Video of the Week: Insane Landing in Sint Maarten
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.