As reported by The Comeback (via MSN) and seen in a video posted on Twitter by Eli Edwards (below), Carolina Panthers star quarterback Cam Newton flew back to the U.S. from Paris on Friday—and before takeoff, he offered a passenger sitting in the bulkhead of coach $1,500 cash to swap seats with him. The man said no!
The plane they were on was an A330-200 American Airlines jet that operates between Paris and Charlotte. Cam signed a deal worth more than $100 million over five years (through 2021), so I’m not sure why he’s not flying in first class to begin with on a nine-plus-hour flight. If he doesn’t want to pay those crazy fares, he should at least get a good travel agent or advisor that can help him use miles/points to upgrade or something. Don’t you think?
What would you have done if Cam Newton offered you $1,500 to change seats with him (same situation: nine-plus-hour flight, swap would be from bulkhead coach to regular coach)? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
— Eli Edwards (@ElisaraEdwards) June 22, 2019
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.