I’ve been fortunate to go up to the state of Washington to tour the Boeing plant on multiple occasions (like this time). I always find it fascinating to see how they make planes for all the different airlines picking them up. But have you ever wondered how an airline chooses a plane manufacturer like Boeing?
I imagine the process usually begins with sales video above. This 91-second video markets the new Boeing 737 MAX 10 as an airline’s soon-to-be most profitable single-aisle aircraft ever. It has lower seat costs than anything else in its market. If I’m a buyer I’m excited by the new plane, but as a customer I’m not too happy. I’m not really looking forward to sitting in coach on a 737 that’s going to be 49 feet longer, can fly 3,235 miles and pack 230 seats. Are you?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.