Ever heard of indoor skydiving? Did you know it’s a competitive sport?
Competitive indoor skydiving was new to me, as were the maneuvers I was seeing. There’s no arguing that times are changing, and it’s worth remembering that sports are evolving, too. Based on this four-minute video, one of the most exciting new sports might be indoor skydiving (made possible with vertical wind tunnels).
When I saw a clip from the video above on Instagram, I was immediately drawn to it. In addition to introducing the sport, it focuses on the experience of Kyra Poh, a 17-year-old from Singapore. Kyra has won 33 medals at indoor skydiving competitions all over the world and holds three Guinness World Records, including one for the most backwards somersaults performed in a wind tunnel in one minute: 68!
Unfortunately, it’s not nearly as easy as it looks. In the video, Kyra talks about how she got into indoor skydiving and the busy schedule it requires of her. She wakes up every day at 6:20am for school, doesn’t get out until the evening, eats in the car on the way to the iFly Tunnel (they have locations around the world, including dozens in the U.S.), trains until 10pm, and then begins her homework at 11pm. She says she sometimes doesn’t finish until 2am or 3am!
It’s a really interesting video, and it makes me want to try indoor skydiving. I might just pay the iFly Tunnel a visit the next time I’m in Singapore or Hollywood (where there’s a location). However, I won’t be doing all the crazy flipping, spinning and performing stunts that Kyra does.
More videos like this
- What It’s Like to Fly Like an Eagle
- Wingsuit Flyers Basejump Into a Plane
- Jason Paul Freerunning Through Munich Airport
- Two Red Bull Planes Fly Through a Hangar
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.