This week’s video isn’t a travel video per se. What it is is a look inside a scam call center in India. I first saw it in a story posted online by CBS Morning News, which didn’t link directly to the video. Thanks to a screenshot, though, I was able to source it to Jim Browning’s popular YouTube channel and find the original, which is above. If you’ve ever been annoyed by a robo call (both my hands are in the air) or God forbid been scammed by one of these lowlifes, you’ll definitely want to watch it.
Jim shows step by step how he turned the tables on the bad guys in the scam call center and took over their computers to mess up their operations, record live videos of them and drain their phone accounts. It’s pretty satisfying. I don’t recommend anyone do this on their own because it could backfire and Jim is obviously very tech-savvy. He also must have an incredible amount of time on his hands. But he’s doing good and (I think) important work, so I decided to donate to his cause on PayPal. You can do the same if you’re inclined.
When I told Leo Laporte (the Tech Guy) about the video, he said that it was irresponsible of CBS to feature Jim in its story because hacking is a federal crime. So again, don’t try this at home—but if you want to see inside a scam call center, or get the satisfaction of watching karma be a b*tch, you can watch Jim’s video above.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.