This week’s video isn’t a travel video per se. What it is is a look inside a scam call center in India. I first saw it in a story posted online by CBS Morning News, which didn’t link directly to the video. Thanks to a screenshot, though, I was able to source it to Jim Browning’s popular YouTube channel and find the original, which is above. If you’ve ever been annoyed by a robo call (both my hands are in the air) or God forbid been scammed by one of these lowlifes, you’ll definitely want to watch it.
Jim shows step by step how he turned the tables on the bad guys in the scam call center and took over their computers to mess up their operations, record live videos of them and drain their phone accounts. It’s pretty satisfying. I don’t recommend anyone do this on their own because it could backfire and Jim is obviously very tech-savvy. He also must have an incredible amount of time on his hands. But he’s doing good and (I think) important work, so I decided to donate to his cause on PayPal. You can do the same if you’re inclined.
When I told Leo Laporte (the Tech Guy) about the video, he said that it was irresponsible of CBS to feature Jim in its story because hacking is a federal crime. So again, don’t try this at home—but if you want to see inside a scam call center, or get the satisfaction of watching karma be a b*tch, you can watch Jim’s video above.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.