In case you missed it, the facade of Notre Dame de Paris displayed a light show for the ages November 7-11. According to NPR, it was “designed to celebrate both the cathedral’s enduring majesty and the centenary of World War I. The show, ‘Dame de Coeur,’ tells the story of the cathedral and its role in French history for the benefit of a fictitious injured American soldier in the First World War who tells a young French nurse that he fears dying before he ever sees the fabled French Gothic church. The 20-minute video projection, using 3D mapping, includes 17 luminous images and is the creation of director Bruno Seillier. The message of the light show is a reminder that the 850-year-old cathedral has survived revolutions, rioting, vandals, and two world wars.”
Watch the first part of this Notre Dame video mapping in the video above, and part two below:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.