In Los Angeles, you see all kinds of things on the freeway, from movie sets being transported to professional athletes cruising by in their expensive sports cars. But one thing you don’t see often is a plane landing. Video below.
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) June 1, 2021
Shortly before 7pm, a single-engine Cessna plane landed on the 101 Freeway in Agoura Hills about 35 miles north of downtown L.A.
According to CBS LA, “The officer in command was able to land the plane,” California Highway Patrol Officer Craig Martin said. “He was able to take over and safely land the plane.”
There were two people on board and neither were hurt.
According to the LA Times, “The pilot, Brian Carson, 32, of Laguna Niguel, had radioed to the Van Nuys Airport minutes earlier that an he might need to make an emergency landing in the Calabasas area, but the reason was not immediately clear, according to Officer Weston Haver of the California Highway Patrol. Carson landed the plane without hitting any vehicles, Haver said. Accompanying Carson on the flight was a pilot trainee, Trevor Peterson, 29, of Huntington Beach.”
The plane departed from Camarillo Airport and made the emergency landing during rush-hour traffic. Pretty remarkable … and lucky.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.