Alex Jacquot is a 10-year-old airline CEO and enthusiast who founded an airline (not legally speaking, at least yet) with his friends and classmates. When he wrote Qantas CEO Alan Joyce to set up a meeting to discuss best airline practices, the Qantas team promised to deliver—and as seen in the video (on Twitter) below, they did.
Last week, Qantas hosted Alex, his friend Wolf (Deputy CEO) and his seven-year-old sister (Head of Inflight Service) on a tour of Qantas HQ in Sydney and quite a bit more. As part of the meet-up, Qantas help Alex and his team develop a new logo and business cards for their Oceania Express, and even mocked up a Boeing Dreamliner for them. “In his letter,” Joyce said, “Alex asked me to take him seriously. So we did.”
You can read more on the story here. It’s pretty neat!
Remember the 10-year-old CEO who started his own airline?
We said we’d host him and his fellow executives at Qantas for a historic aviation summit.
And we weren’t joking. pic.twitter.com/H2hSKEc9ob
— Qantas Airways USA (@QantasUSA) March 29, 2019
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.