On Saturday, comedian John Mulaney hosted Saturday Night Live. It was his third time hosting the show, which he’d previously worked at as a writer for many years. Among the night’s sketches was the one above, called “Airport Sushi,” which caught the attention of the travel world—not to mention New Yorkers, flyers, and anyone who’s been in an underwhelming airport. It’s set at LaGuardia. It begins with Pete Davidson and Chris Redd buying food and drink from Mulaney, like a “Chobani yogurt with no spoon to eat it with” and a “bottle of water that will roll to the back of the plane as soon as we take off.” When Davidson orders sushi, the sketch breaks into a musical…
Mashable adds that, “The sketch’s musical stylings wind through the familiar terrain of Broadway faves like The Phantom of the Opera and West Side Story, but the songs themselves are about raw fish at the airport and maligned New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal pops up. So does musical guest David Byrne. It’s a Sack Lunch Bunch reunion!”
Check out “Airport Sushi” above!
More SNL (three videos and one story)
- Video: Adam Sandler Sells Realistic Italian Vacations on SNL
- Video: SNL’s “Naked & Afraid: Celebrity Edition”
- Travel Video of the Week: SNL Airport Skit
- Saturday Night, Live from The Westin New York Grand Central
More LaGuardia and NYC airports
- How to Get to Manhattan From LaGuardia Airport for $15
- American Airlines to Soon Operate All LaGuardia Flights out of Terminal B
- Travel Video of the Week: Amazing Landing at LaGuardia Airport
- Video: European Storm Forces Pilots to Make Difficult Landings
- There’s a New, Better Way to Clear Security at JFK Terminal 1
- Video: What It’s Like to Land a 777 at JFK at Night
- Don’t Be Fooled by Elevator Buttons (Especially at JFK’s Admirals Club)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.