On Saturday, comedian John Mulaney hosted Saturday Night Live. It was his third time hosting the show, which he’d previously worked at as a writer for many years. Among the night’s sketches was the one above, called “Airport Sushi,” which caught the attention of the travel world—not to mention New Yorkers, flyers, and anyone who’s been in an underwhelming airport. It’s set at LaGuardia. It begins with Pete Davidson and Chris Redd buying food and drink from Mulaney, like a “Chobani yogurt with no spoon to eat it with” and a “bottle of water that will roll to the back of the plane as soon as we take off.” When Davidson orders sushi, the sketch breaks into a musical…
Mashable adds that, “The sketch’s musical stylings wind through the familiar terrain of Broadway faves like The Phantom of the Opera and West Side Story, but the songs themselves are about raw fish at the airport and maligned New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal pops up. So does musical guest David Byrne. It’s a Sack Lunch Bunch reunion!”
Check out “Airport Sushi” above!
More SNL (three videos and one story)
- Video: Adam Sandler Sells Realistic Italian Vacations on SNL
- Video: SNL’s “Naked & Afraid: Celebrity Edition”
- Travel Video of the Week: SNL Airport Skit
- Saturday Night, Live from The Westin New York Grand Central
More LaGuardia and NYC airports
- How to Get to Manhattan From LaGuardia Airport for $15
- American Airlines to Soon Operate All LaGuardia Flights out of Terminal B
- Travel Video of the Week: Amazing Landing at LaGuardia Airport
- Video: European Storm Forces Pilots to Make Difficult Landings
- There’s a New, Better Way to Clear Security at JFK Terminal 1
- Video: What It’s Like to Land a 777 at JFK at Night
- Don’t Be Fooled by Elevator Buttons (Especially at JFK’s Admirals Club)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.