I was invited to be on the Singapore Airlines 787-10 delivery flight from Charleston to SIN last week, but I kindly passed (I didn’t want to be that far away, for that long, from my son). However, I ended up super jealous of those on the flight as some of my aviation journalist friends like Zach Honig onboard were tweeting and Instagramming photos of the Northern Lights high above Alaska.
Well, around the same time (March 22/23), a man named Brad Phipps captured the Southern Lights (same as the Northern Lights but in the Southern Hemisphere) in an amazing timelapse while flying over Antarctica. Phipps told Storyful, “Flight to the Lights 2 was the second private chartered flight from New Zealand to fly south to the Antarctic circle with the aim to see and photograph the Aurora Australis, the southern lights.” Check it out above!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.