In case you missed it, SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy spacecraft was successfully launched on Tuesday. Onboard as simulation cargo (to test/demonstrate Falcon Heavy‘s capacity to deliver weight to space) were a red Tesla Roadster—Elon Musk’s own—and a mannequin dressed in a SpaceX spacesuit. The mannequin was named Starman after the famous David Bowie song, per this Space.com story.
Up in space, SpaceX positioned a webcam that captured Starman and the Tesla floating above the Earth, passing it over and over again as they orbited the planet before heading into deeper space. It was pretty stunning. Fortunately, the footage is now available as the four-hour video above. Enjoy!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.