My buddy Scott Mayerowitz, who’s also TPG’s Executive Editorial Director, went with his colleague Zach Griff to Las Vegas for 36 hours. Scott and Zach filmed all around the airport and wove the footage into an interesting and informative video: a Las Vegas airport timelapse that’s full of facts. (Las Vegas’s airport is Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, aka LAS.)
The video is under three minutes, so it’s worth watching. In addition to the cool timelapse footage, there’s a ton of cool info, especially if you’re into airports. I didn’t realize, for example, that LAS airport has four runways and currently offers non-stop service to 156 markets on 35 airlines. There are 490+ commercial flights a day with an average incoming taxiing time of 7.2 minutes. I wish that taxi time at LAX was that good, as I find my arriving plane often (when I’m flying American Airlines) sits on the tarmac for 20+ minutes waiting for a gate to open up.
Other interesting facts include the fact that the airport has 110 gates and handles—get this—70,000+ bags a day. Is that even possible? Speaking of what’s possible: The airport sees just shy of 50 million passengers a year!
More Las Vegas
- There’s a New Way to Get Around Las Vegas for Cheap
- Look for the Taxes and Fees Before Booking (Especially in Las Vegas)
- How to Travel From Los Angeles to Las Vegas for Under $3
- How to Save Money in Las Vegas
- Now Open: Kaos at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas
- Travel Book of the Week: “Motel Vegas” by Fred Sigman
- Watch Couples Get Married at a Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
- 10 Things I Hate About Las Vegas
More timelapse videos
- Video: Southern Lights Timelapse Over Antarctica
- Day/Night Timelapse of London
- 100-Year Toronto Timelapse
- Los Angeles Supermoon Timelapse
- Video: Paris Timelapse
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.