The video is under three minutes, so it’s worth watching. In addition to the cool timelapse footage, there’s a ton of cool info, especially if you’re into airports. I didn’t realize, for example, that LAS airport has four runways and currently offers non-stop service to 156 markets on 35 airlines. There are 490+ commercial flights a day with an average incoming taxiing time of 7.2 minutes. I wish that taxi time at LAX was that good, as I find my arriving plane often (when I’m flying American Airlines) sits on the tarmac for 20+ minutes waiting for a gate to open up.
Other interesting facts include the fact that the airport has 110 gates and handles—get this—70,000+ bags a day. Is that even possible? Speaking of what’s possible: The airport sees just shy of 50 million passengers a year!
More Las Vegas
- There’s a New Way to Get Around Las Vegas for Cheap
- Look for the Taxes and Fees Before Booking (Especially in Las Vegas)
- How to Travel From Los Angeles to Las Vegas for Under $3
- How to Save Money in Las Vegas
- Now Open: Kaos at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas
- Travel Book of the Week: “Motel Vegas” by Fred Sigman
- Watch Couples Get Married at a Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
- 10 Things I Hate About Las Vegas
More timelapse videos
- Video: Southern Lights Timelapse Over Antarctica
- Day/Night Timelapse of London
- 100-Year Toronto Timelapse
- Los Angeles Supermoon Timelapse
- Video: Paris Timelapse
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.