Here’s why you don’t ever want to put anything of value in your suitcase. A 27-year-old airport worker from Phuket International Airport was caught on camera going through checked luggage in the cargo hold of a Jetstar plane (see video above). According to The Mirror, the brazen thief was employed by BAGS, a company that provides baggage services for nearly 100 airlines in Thailand, and later arrested.
If you do have to put anything of value I recommend getting it wrapped with that Saran Wrap-like substance so you’ll at least know someone was rummaging through your bags. Locks and bags with zippers don’t work.
- More Zipper Caution
- Beware of Thieves on Planes
- Watch How Quickly Your Bag Can Be Snatched
- Where Your Checked Baggage Goes
- How to Track Your Checked Luggage
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,047!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.