DAY 1: Passau, Germany
We flew into Munich, then met a Viking guide outside of baggage claim and boarded the transfer bus with other passengers to our ship in Passau. The ride takes just under two hours and most people slept. Cabins aren’t ready until around 3pm so plan your flights accordingly. We arrived about that time so after quickly unpacking, we walked into the town center. What’s nice about river cruising is that you dock close to the center of the action and it took us roughly 10 minutes to get to the Passau Christmas market. We fell in love with it at first sight and arriving at dusk made it even more special.
DAY 2: Passau, Germany
Unfortunately, it was raining heavily and since we had explored much of the town the day before, Natalie and I skipped the walking tour and relaxed onboard, catching up on our work. Later that evening, we went back to the Christmas market, which was much quieter than it had been the day before … probably because it was raining and a weeknight. We did learn that Passau is called the Dreiflüssestadt (City on Three Rivers) because it’s situated at the confluence of the Danube, Ilz and Inn Rivers. The Christmas market here is small but it was one of our favorites. Although breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served on board the ship, we spoiled our appetites by getting some local German treats. The most popular drink at the markets is Glühwein, warm mulled wine, which you will find at every market. They come in souvenir mugs that you pay a deposit for (between one and three euros) and you can keep it if you like or return for your money back.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.