If you love animals, you’ll love what Free Animal Doctor is doing. In short, Free Animal Doctor crowd-funds veterinary bills to help families pay for their pets to receive medical treatment. Too many pet-owners don’t have the money to help or even save their pets. Free Animal Doctor, wonderfully, is helping to change that.
When you visit the site, you’ll see listings of animals in need that you can give to. Each animal has a name, a photo, a story, and a named veterinarian (plus an estimate for treatment), plus a secure portal through which you can donate to it. And like other crowd-funding services, with Free Animal Doctor you can see each campaign’s progress toward its goal. A three-legged dog named Rocky, for example, is listed like this (you can click for more info):
To start your own campaign to raise money for your pet, meanwhile, you can head to this page.
Where does the money go?
Free Animal Doctor is a non-profit incorporated in California. The service charges no fees and requires (and ensures) that all donations go directly to the vet assigned to the medical services.
You can also walk rescue dogs in California
The above is amazing in itself, but Free Animal Doctor offers another cool service for animal-lovers: walks with rescue dogs! The organization partners with animal rescue shelters to offer experiences that you can book on Airbnb for $50/person in (so far):
Each experience, of course, lets you walk with rescue dogs—and in beautiful parts of California. Walks are offered on most Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and last about two hours each. Each is bookable on Airbnb via the above links.
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,518!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.